1. You’ve got all the ingredients : sunshine, blue skies, clear waters, beaches, nature, good friends, good music, good food, great laughs, great fun!
2. You have sand accumulating in every orifice and skin folds on your body, and excruciating sunburns all over, but you just. don’t. care.
3. You don’t know the next itinerary but it doesn’t really matter.
4. You spend every moment of it being grateful.
5. You spend a lot of it either laughing, or singing.
6. You totally forget about your alter ego : prolitarianme.
7. Nights and mornings and time becomes a vague concept you can’t seem to grasp, because you always live in the moment.
8. You don’t want it to end…
But alas, all good things MUST come to an end. For how else can we appreciate the little pleasures life provides, if not because the rarity of the ocassion?
Regarding my above ingredients for a perfect vacation, some might argue that it’s missing something : the love interest.
But hey, I find that sometimes it isn’t always the case. Things can get complicated or messy or clingy.
Although a nice walk under the moonlight, or an after swim cuddle is really nice, but when you’re traveling with a lot of friends (who aren’t mutual friends), maybe it’s better to leave your man (or woman) at home.
And besides, you never know what you might discover on your vacation.